Sunday 13 August 2017

London again FORGET IT!

Because of my latest travels I was sleeping before 10 last night and bright awake 5 am, even though it' Sunday I set of to do last leg in to London and Paddington Basin. I was really looking forward to a week relax and sightseeing, and having My best friend Eva on a visit from Birmingham.

 
Uxbridge
 Was overnight here.
 10 second after setting of....

 Moored boats for miles to end, tick over do not get you anywhere fast.





 Some boats had even valid CRT license in the window.





 No boats to bee seen, but right after bridge another long line of boats.
 FLOWER BOAT
 I think this stretch was to shallow for mooring.
 On to the left and Paddington arm.
 Lovely weather.
 Photo taken on route before another several miles of moored boats.

 At least it was green

 Another NOT moored boat, with the speed people travel in is it NO wonder it happening all the time.

tick over past moored boats, well I did in to London, and it took forever.
 Not a good sign, all boats paired up, No single space here.
 Under this bridge and keep to the right to Paddington Basin and week rest. OR???


 Well all the moorings was taken at the Basin and NO other mooring possible. Because CRT allow boater to stay in London all the time with NO restriction it seams like, it is a nightmare for us other boaters some only visit for short period. And carry on travel somewhere else on the 2000 miles of navigation. Was 18 miles from Uxbridge to Paddington, had to go all the way back to horsenden hill, and got last mooring there. Like photo shown, When travel alone I like to be moored a safe place and here it seams like that. So in the end I was travel 28 miles today and 1 lock. I will newer ever travel back to London on a boat so long CRT only let countuiness moorers totally take over the waterway.

Well was 49 foot mooring, so two foot to go on this mile.


Not so happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment