Thursday 17 August 2017

Brentford to Hampton Court

Yesterday morning the lock keeper at Brentford knocked on the boat at 8 and told me its time to set of, for a very long time I was feeling little nervous, first time on a tidal section for me.



Teddington Lock next, its 5 miles on the tidal, normally 5 miles take 1.30 hour or more.
 Wide  river.
 Leading way, Diane and Steve
 Under the bridges you could seriously feel the tidal pushing you true in good speed.
 Richmound lock, on low tide its a weir under the bridge so need using the lock to get up or down, but we was cruising straight over the weir.


 A lovely place to live i could imagine.



 Teddington lock at sight, it took us little under one hour to cruise here, and this is so fare the tidal goes so rest of upper Thames is a normal river. Bought one month river licence so have loads of time going slow, and if weather allow me to go all the way to Lechlade I will do it.


I did cruise another hour on normal speed and found a nice mooring right outside Hampton Court, was home to King Henry VIII. 





 This pub looked nice, maybe another time.

Will now cruise slowely up to Windsor where I will meet up with my best friend Eva on Saturday. 

Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment