Thursday 10 August 2017

Marathon session's and sun at last.

Monday midday after shopping was done at Leighton Buzzard I cruised to  Marsworth and moored right after first lock of 7. Because weather was crap Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed put and did only potter about and had some walks in the rain.

Some photos from Monday travel and around Marsworth.

 Dredging and repair of the offside bank.
 Wide beam boats get more common site on Grand Union Canal.
 Seams Like Mari-Elene have taken the fine weather back to Norway.

 Another Lock at sight.
 Lovely

 After 7 miles and 12 locks I stopped here.


 It always nice to moor up around here, not many people about. Seems like many holiday boats dont get this fare the week they rent a boat. So relaxing place to moor.







 Wednesday It was pouring down and a short walk was only time i got out.
 Thursday Morning I set of at 9 am, and climbed up the 6 locks left in this flight of locks.
 At the summit and 3 miles brake before the hard work get going down past Berkhamstead.
 Its tight room to get passed this one.
 Unusually look at this boat or is it a carboat.

Berkhamsted, was packed with moored boat so glad i did not stop here.



After I had done my 9 lock of the day I was at last sharing some locks with another boat, and it helps to have some more hands sharing the work and get locks quicker ready. They was going close to Hemel Heampsted so I carried on as well. And it become a long day but because of the warmth and sun shine it was a lovely day, but feeling totally nackerd after 10 hours cruise and I can feel all of 12 miles and 24 broad locks.

So tomorrow maybe one mile and do some retail shopping and chill out rest of the day.

Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment