Tuesday 15 August 2017

Thames tomorrow!

Been Moored at Horsenden Hill last two nights, safe and sound place to moor, had a long walk around in the nature reserve.

Little overcast early morning, would the showers start?

 I did stop at Willow tree marina for some diesel, and on the right side of the canal at Bulls bridge junc, a handy Tesco extra so did my food and heavy duty stuff.
 This part of Grand Union canal is not very nice and it so much rubbish everywhere, all aria I have cruised last few days is the same, people used dont care about the surroundings and the nature. Birds making nest from plastic bags and other nasty stuff.

 The first lock of the day, I was lucky to share it with some lovely people, Diane and Steve.
 Steve asked if we should pair up the boats with ropes, and I agreed, it;s easy when you only are 3 people doing the locks. He was driving the boats and Diane and Me did the locks.
 Not often I can only do locks and chill between. A cold drink as well tasted nice.






 Thanks for sharing the locks and give me a relaxking cruise all the way to Brentford mooring.
 Brentford Gauging lock, first electric one.
 I was duty lock keeper.

 All moored and ready to go on River Thames to morrow morning at 8.30 sharp.

Some travel summary since 1.July when i started my cruise from Birmingham.

But first

Last Monday  8 miles and 12 Locks
Tuesday and Wednesday Potter about because of all the rain.
Thursday  12 miles and 24 locks
Friday  10 miles and 21 Locks
Saturday 5 miles and 7 Locks
And Sunday lack of mooring saga, 28 Miles and 1 Lock.
Today 13 miles and 12 locks 

Since 1. July 2017

I have cruised 249 miles
Done 211 locks
6 Tunnels
At least 8 moveable bridges and Mostly by hand power.

So now I 

Need a holiday from my Holiday so whats better then to mess about on river Thames a bit. Where most locks are maned. If not its electric so who cares to press a button. 

Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment