Tuesday 22 August 2017

Relaxing Cruise to Cookham!

Today I had a lazy start and my plan was to stop overnight at Maidenhead.
Was overcast but rely warm day.


And of I went, nice little channel to the main river.

 Was few cm more headroom over my flag pole so happy days.
 First lock of the day, lock keeper on duty.  Seems faraway but I stopped for some services before the main part of the lock cue.
 And all the way up to Maidenhead it was such many nice houses.
A  Hotel I believe doing well.
 Steam cruise boat.
Another nice house and garden
 Some parts without people living
 But mostly big houses on route



 And then I was going in to Maidenhead soon moor up.
 Well was not like i had a hope for, busy road and tacky around, did some food shopping from a Co op  and petrol station. So head of again.
 Maidenhead lock, was some waiting here, but looking nice here though
 On route

 Was a nice looking boat.
 And my mooring at Cookham,
 Tasted lovely with a chilled drink after the days cruise.

Will have a walk about tomorrow and see what this place have to offer and may stay another night and watch other boater and people watch.

Since I left Brentford I have done 38 miles and 15 locks ( lock keeper on Duty)

Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment