Saturday 9 September 2017

Signal Problems on Oxford south!

Thursday Morning I set of from Thrupp around 9 am, was a crisp sunny morning, when I got to the lift bridge I could see coal and diesel boat Dusty by the water point so after the bridge I had a swift stop and bought 5 bags of coal. You newer know when you need some proper heat this time of the year.



 Most lift bridges on Oxford south is left open.
 This lock is little unusual, its a lock between the canal and river Cherwell much bigger and normal.
At Bakers lock, was a learner boat going down so was here fore some time. But we all have been there.

 Its a problem on Oxford canal, weed growing fast, and if CRT don't do something about it, it would make problems further down the line for boating.
 Took me 5 hours from Thrupp to Lower Heyford. Nice place to stop, but if you like to have Phone signal, internet, more and one radio channel and watch telly and dont like trains this place it not for you. But I thought it was nice, did start to read a book I bought long time ago, ( Police by Jo Nesbo)

 Its really nice stile of houses i think. a cosy place.







 Saturday I needed to move on, My child hood friend Geir from Norway it's 50 years old today, so needed to wish him well, so did to cruise 4 hours to Aynho. Here all signals perfect and a pub and other boat services if needed.
 Somerton deep lock 12' 0" its really deep.


Have one night here at aynho and see if weather tomorrow is okay to travel in. If so, Banbury next stop and fill up my fridge and freezer to next leg of the journey. Because after Banbury its NO proper shops before Daventry. Some is  many days travel away.

Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment