Tuesday 12 September 2017

How I do single locks!

A little blog about single handed lock work when I going up a Narrow Lock.

Well first I moor below the lock and walk up to see if I need to empty the lock or see if some boater are coming down. Here I drive in.
 Inside the lock I fix my stern mooring rope to the tiller, so the tiller will stand in one position,
 Forward gear on tick over speed and get the button on to the chill then climb up the ladder.
 Before I open the paddle gear, i make sure nothing can catch the button on way up, and then only open half to let boat start the climb slow.
 When I am satisfied everything going smoothly
 I open both paddle fully.

 When the lock almost is full I close the paddle on offside first then when boat start pushing the gate open I close the other paddle.
 Drive so boat out  and stop right after the lock, and close the gate, my stern rope on Towpath for security.
 It's works for me...

Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment