Sunday 10 September 2017

Aynho to Banbury

Sunday Morning I set of before 9 am, when I passed Aynho Wharf right past the winding hole this boat was blocking the canal, one mooring stick had loosen, so I stopped before and took my hammer and got boat moored again, Tick over always helps when you passing moored boats.

 Aynho Weir Lock No. 33 is situated adjacent to Accommodation Bridge No. 188 on the Oxford Canal. Its primary purpose was to protect the Oxford Canal from any surge in the River Cherwell, which crosses the canal at the same level on the other side of the bridge.

 The entrance to the next lock its rather narrow and if the river are in flood you would not get in here. So be aware.
CRT maintenance wharf.
 Good for fresh food and overnight mooring or true the winter.
 Why not have some sofa's on the green with a BBQ


If you can moor before bridge 168, its a big Morrison over the canal. I did stop there and got filled my freezer and fridge. Would keep me stoked to I get to Rugby.

To days cruise was of 6 miles and 4 locks

Happy Days

No comments:

Post a Comment