Monday 25 September 2017

Rugby to Atherstone

Saturday morning I set of from Rugby by 9 am,
This is the Newbould tunnel, for many years ago this tunnel had such lovely lightning inside, but all gone now, shame.
 The canal from Rugby to Hawksbury junction is ever so dull cruise at times
 Early morning smile

 Few spot between are rather nice though



 Moored over night right before Hawkesbury Junction.

Sunday Morning I set of around 11 am, and had another relaxing cruise and now on the Coventry Canal.

This pub I will visit one day, seems like every time I going this way I newer stop. I guess it could been nice to sit and watch other boaters there.
 That boat going in to the Oxford Canal, where i used come from, ( Sutton Stop lock)
 I am now on the Coventry Canal.
 This yard is rather full up of old boats and other stuff

 Did like usually and cruised quick past Nuneaton and moored in the countryside half a mile before Springwood H Marina, lovely mooring.
Monday Morning I had only few short miles to cruise To Atherstone, where I will stay a night before going down the lock flight of 11 to morrow morning.


 Springwood haven marina, rather nice location


 CRT Hartshill Jard.

 Horses in the mist.
This boat yard had also Alpacas in the gardens
 When cruising in to Atherstone some nice gardens




Since Rugby I have done 23 miles and 1 stop lock Between Oxford canal and Coventry Canal.

Happy Days1

No comments:

Post a Comment