Thursday 21 September 2017

Claydon to Braunston

It's one week since my last blog, most on the south Oxford canal my 3 internet dos not work often, and if signal its really pore connection.

Last Friday I only cruised 3 miles to Fenny Compton, and stayed there to Sunday morning.

 It was another dull and chilled morning.
 Most of the lift bridges are left open.
 This was the Fenny Compton tunnel,
 little past I was meeting another boat and its really narrow and shallow stretch, but both was fine.
 Friday mooring and was staying put to Sunday morning.

 Sunday started dull.
 Its a lovely stretch of the canal and had 8 miles lock free cruise before the Napton 9 flight.

 Yes it's a boat moored in the middle of a field.
 I guess they did not wonted to cruise the boat ever.
 When I arrived to the first lock of the day, the sun come out and was rather warm and nice.
 Like usually the Napton lock flight is busy with other boats. One up one down, so easy going.

 Bottom lock
 Did stop on the left and filled on the water, slowest tap ever. Took for ever to fill up the water tank, but I got a good mooring little past the bend. And stayed to Tuesday morning.
 Had a little walk up to Napton on the hill,

 Tuesday the weather was warm and even sunny at times.

 Past Wigrams turn marina
 If I had gone under this bridge I could have gone to Birmingham this way,
 But I taking the longer way around

 Nice with some rolling hills

 Can see the spire of Braunston church in distance
At Braunston I cruised to the right at The junction and moored outside Branston Marina, and walked up to the village and did some shopping

 Rather nice house, did take more photos but my phone did not save them, weird.
 After shopping was done I did cruise two miles up on the Oxford canal North section.
 Thursday morning another dull start with rain and strong wind. Stay another day and will cruise to Rugby to morrow. Its good for bigger food shopping there.

When Moored up at this location on Tuesday evening I started chatting with the couple of the nabour boat, nice people so invited them over for a cold refreshment, and yesterday evening they invited me on a lamb curry. This is what i really love to be living on a boat, meeting lovely people on the way.

Happy Days!


No comments:

Post a Comment