Thursday 13 July 2017

Boat fixed and Happy cruising again.

After 6 nights at Barton turn Marina, the engine part arrived and boat fixed, half a hour after I set of the heaven open for constantly 3 hour heavy rain, was totally drenched to the bone but was warm ish rain so did not matter, 5 minutes after I moored up at Willington the rain stopped. Had a relaxing evening and a chill at Green man pub.

Due to rain No photos taken Tuesday.

Wednesday I had a quick stop at Mercia Marina and a big shop in Midlands Chandler. Long time since I have done so.

Nice Marina



After the shopping spree I had a pleasant cruise to Shardlow  Some random photos.



 From this point No single locks before Foxton, locks was huge and deep.



 Rely lovely day after Tuesday rain.

 I look at you boater!
 Shardlow and the end of to day.


I got the last mooring at the Village, and it was two narrow boats moored there, was two lady friends some was on a weeks holiday on their boats. Like boaters do we had a chatter and after they asked me over for some refreshment and we was chatting out to the late hour's
Their are moored on the River Sour and because I going same way their asked me if wonted to cruise a long with them. And we are now moored overnight at Sawley, and cruise few hour tomorrow and find a quiet mooring in the countryside  and Will then try my new small BBQ.





Since last blog I have done 22 miles and 10 locks where of 6 Broad locks.

Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment