Monday 24 July 2017

A hard day cruising!

Yesterday I had a day of rest, well did some pottering about like you do. In the afternoon I walked to the Navigation Inn for some food, Night before with Eva and Colin I had Lasagna and it was so good so had that again. And had a rely lovely afternoon with some locals, what i rely love about travel on a canal boat its meeting so much lovely people on my way.

Today I set of around 9, did some service, water and elsan and rubbish. My plan was to cruise few miles and 7 locks, but it was a lovely day after the rain stopped so I cared on going all the way to Foxton.

So loads of photos of locks on this post.

Kilby Bridge it was a gloomy start with some rain.





First lock of the day become a nightmare, the bottom gate was keep swinging open but not before I had walked around and closed one, did this 2 times, in the end I used a rope to keep one side closed and open the water paddle before closing the other gate, that worked weary well.












I was rather happy here, after all of 12 super heavy locks. No need to work out later.







I now moored at Foxton and will stay here 2 days, and then market Harbourough where I will meet my youngest daughter on Saturday.

To day I feeling proper knacker after 12 Broad locks and 9 miles.

Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment