Tuesday 17 July 2018

On my way to Yorkshire!

Yesterday morning started like previous days, warmth and sunshine, I left my temporary mooring at Sherborne Wharf by 9 am. Had a service stop, filled on diesel and changed a gas bottle.

Had 37 locks to do so was at the top of farmers bridge flight of locks around 9.30 am and My best friends Eva and Colin was my lock handlers.


I am of to the services

 Service done and only a short cruise to Cambrian Wharf




Only 36 locks to go true.



 Eva doing my lock and Colin have walked down to set the next lock for me.


What a difference to have some lock helpers


Aston flight of locks still closed so had to cruise same way i was doing up to Birmingham.


Not so nice stretch of water way


Here we are close by star city, weary soon after my crew get a well earned brake.







Still smiling


After 8 hours and 37 locks done, I got a nice mooring at Dog and Doublet inn ,cheers my friends you have earn that pint, and thanks so much for your help.  We had a lovely meal, this pub have good food, good service and friendly patroons. 


Will stay here and relax today and my travels commence tomorrow.



Happy Days

Watch this space.......

No comments:

Post a Comment