Sunday 15 July 2018

My new batteries dos not hold charge!

The day after Mr G went back home I started my travels again. I have had some problems with my new batteries I changed two months ago, they would not hold the charge overnight and had to run my engine all the time. What to do next?  Start my travels North like planned or go back to Birmingham first and sort out the problems, and then start my travels to Yorkshire.

On my way out from Coventry, and it will be many years to next visit.


 Junction with tha Ashby canal I was going straight past this time.


Still smiling and the weather was rely hot.


I had few days stop here at Hart hill visitor moorings, had few hours chat with some friends i had not seen since last year. I used my time here to find out what to do with my charging problem, but in the end I needed to cruise back to Birmingham. So before 5 am the third morning I started the journey up to Birmingham, it would take me three days to do 27 miles and 51 locks.


 I was glad I left early morning it would be a very warm day.


 Here we go, first lock of the day at Atherstone after this one only 50 more to do.




In the afternoon I started the climb up the first three locks on the Curdworth flights of locks, and had a overnight stop at Dog and doublet visitors mooring.


 Day two another early start


 Because the stretch from last night mooring to Birmingham is to far and well to many locks I stop here overnight. Was warned about stopping here because of problems the night before but I took my chances and have to say No problems for me. ( ASTON FLIGHTS OF LOCKS CLOSED)


 Day three, started 4.30 am best to get all the Not safe travel alone aria done early morning. Is a shame some people do this to old heritage. Her at Bordsley junction


 After a non problem cruise past the Digbeth branceh I had " only " 13 locks to do


 And only five and half hours cruise I was moored here at Cambrian wharf.


the next day I mowed in to Sherbourne wharf to get sorted out my battery problems.
The yard did a rely good job and now all the problems are solved.

Monday 16. July my journey to Yorkshire commence.

Happy Days

Watch this space.......

No comments:

Post a Comment