Wednesday 16 May 2018

Boat maintain day 2

To day the weather was little colder with overcast but temp was 14 so good conditions to get the jobs done.

First ting I did, used a damp clot, to clean away the rust converter on the top of the rusted parts.


When the cleaning was done I treated the rubbing strike with Blacking paint, Verulam are due for full bottom blacking after this cruising seasons are at and end. So the rest will be done that time. But treated parts some was rusted.


Ready to use the paint primer, but first i used masking tape on the top of the gunwale, its anti slip surface to protect and getting a   nice finished as well.


Priming done, masking tape off.

To morrow I will use a fine sanding paper to smooth the primer off before  painting.

Its a good exercise to do boat maintain, cramps last night in my legs, filing knacker in arms and back of my neck, not so often I get pain there anymore, maybe I have screw lose 😏
a relaxing evening will do my body good for the work to morrow.
But now I can hear the PUB calling my name 😄

Happy Days

Watch this space....



No comments:

Post a Comment