Hi and welcome back to my blog.
On this weeks not a normal vlog on YouTube I travel true Standedge Tunnel on the Huddersfield Narrow Canal.
This tunnel have been on my Bucket list since I first time started to travel on the Canals.
About 15 years I have been messing around the canal network.
How was it ?
It was amazing, some parts the tunnel is like a Chatedral and some parts the celing is only 6 foot 2.
Need to have 100% focus, but almost every time time the Canal & River Trust guide said be careful I did bump the side little. The tunnel have few S bends some do the driving little tricky sometimes. But overall the guide was impressed with my driving. Always helps with experience.
Because the celing hight are only 6 foot 2 some parts, I did hit my hard helmet few times.
Some facts about Standedge Tunnel
Standedge canal tunnel is known as the highest, deepest and longest tunnel, it runs for 3.5 miles ( 5.6 km )
It lies 636 feet underground ( almost 194 meters) . Once the tunnel was completed after 17 years of man hours and opened in 1811 it provided at through route off the pennines.
Click on the video and enjoy the ride true the Tunnel.
To next time
Watch This Space.....

No comments:
Post a Comment