Wednesday 2 August 2023

4 years since my last proper cruise! Why so long?

 Hi and welcome back to my Blog. 

In a couple of weeks I will  start doing  preparations On Verulam for my extended cruising. 

It is now 4 years since my last proper cruise! Why so long? 

2018 My cruising year ended in Sheffield. Where I had my boat over the winter months. Such lovely memories. 


                                       Victoria Quays ( Formally known as Sheffield canal basin ) 



                                                 Mars / April 2019 I head slowly back south. 




Had a week at Thorne were I did paint jobs on Verulam




Was meeting and cruising with great friends.




On the Tidal River Trent from Keadby


Somewhere on the non tidal 




A great 48 hour mooring on river Trent




Cruising session ended in Birmingham by July 2019 because of health reason. 
I struggled with back pain for long time, could hardly walk because of the pain. 



If you are new to my blog, check out the Archive. 
It's a great read and lovely photos to watch.

Winter 2020 we all know what happen. 

I got the dreaded sickness, and had to struggle with long covid the next couple of years + other complication off my back problems. Ended 2020 in a Wheelchair. Used started walk again a Year ago.

Been rely hard physically and mentally getting where I am today, but I am now ready getting back on my travels!

It will be a small indication on my physical form when doing the Smethwick -   Locks of Three 

Only a couple of days later I will be going down Wolverhampton 21( locks ). 

Hopefully I do not need to ask CRT for help. Last resort,  I love doing locks by myself because its great fun & rely good exercise.

I have been busy working on my Youtube channel as well lately, it have become a fun hobby.  


Please follow my Blog & Vlog to keep updated on Verulam`s progression this season. 

Blog Updates regularly.

Youtube update most  Friday's  at 4 pm.


My travels will soon Commence 


Cheers or like I like to Say Happy Skvætt

To next time

Watch this space.........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment